The Happy Secret To Better Work
I would like to share a very interesting TED presentation with you.
The presentation is about, that setting up goals in our work and achieve them, doesn't make us really happy, because as we achieved them we set up bigger goals. It is a never-ending story.
Here are the ways that Shawn suggests to train our mind for positivity:
(1) Every day for 21 days, write 3 things you're grateful for. This will help you create a pattern in which you scan the world not for the negative, but for the positive first.
(2) Journal about one positive experience you've had for over the past 24 hours, which will allow you to relive it.
(3) Exercise, which teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
(4) Meditating, which allows our brain to focus on the task at hand instead of many.
(5) Random Acts of Kindness, which are conscious. When you open your inbox, write one positive email to thank someone in your social network.
And by doing these activities and by training your brain just like we train our bodies, what we've found is we can reverse the formula for happiness and success, and in doing so, not only create ripples of positivity but create a real revolution.
My profession is online marketing and development (10+ years experience), check my latest mobile app called Upcoming or my Chrome extensions for ChatGPT. But my real passion is reading books both fiction and non-fiction. I have several favorite authors like James Redfield or Daniel Keyes. If I read a book I always want to find the best part of it, every book has it's unique value.