Leading in the First Person by Shawn Abrams
Leading in the First Person is a must read for those in leadership positions and those who would embrace it. This book will explore why leaders fail. The cover of this book holds the 5 Lead statements that leaders should concern themselves with on the way to success. Reading this book will allow you to:
- Recognize critical leadership mistakes and how to recover from them quickly
- Successfully lead your life instead of following it
- Build rather than just maintain relationships
- Shape your vision and influence others to follow it
- Review effective mentoring and coaching techniques
This book represents a movement of leaders who are not afraid to lead themselves first and other well!Amazon
Quotes from the book
Leading is an act but leadership is a discipline! It’s hard work and sometimes unforgiving but very necessary. Goals don’t lead people, leaders lead people!
Don’t rally you team to the goal. Rally them to their full potential and lead them to the goal!
Home is not where we keep our stuff – this is where we are domiciled. Home is in our minds, that's where we live. And how we live is determined by how we think.
— Shawn Abrams