MrBeast’s Book Will Be Released Soon(?)
YouTuber MrBeast is known for his creative and generous acts of kindness. He has given away tens of thousands of dollars to strangers, paid off people's mortgages and medical bills, and even donated $10,000 to a student's college fund.
Now, it would be high time to help also on literature @MrBeast or at least create an engaging video.
There is about 1.7 million books self-published yearly (and about 300k published by traditional publishers). The majority of self-published titles sell less than 100 copies lifetime.
- Publish a ‘MrBeast Book‘ (on your website or/and Amazon), as a reader I would gladly read about
- Your most touching moments
- Life lessons you would share with others
- Your most dangerous situation what you got into
- Put the income you generate with the book into a ‘MrBeast Lit Fund‘
- Every year let random US or worldwide authors (who published at least one book in that year) apply to the fund
- Share your book's revenue with them in order cover certain expenses of their book publishing process, and these books will receive some extra hype thanks to your brand
Why We Think This Is a Good Idea?
- It's more or less fair since everybody could apply
- There should be a review process and certain criteria in terms of uniqueness and length that filters low quality books, but this would guarantee that writers who put real effort into their works would be honored
- This campaign would publicize reading (and also writing) among youngsters
What Is The Problem With Today's Book Publishing Industry?
01 Traditional publishing houses don't pick books based on quality and story but based on writer
If you are a debut author, the chance
There is a common misconception that traditional publishing houses only publish books that are of high quality and have a great story. Traditional publishing houses make their decisions on which book will sell on the market rather than the content itself. This completely makes sense in the world of business, follower numbers, history, unique presence behind the author are all important.
This can be seen as an unfair advantage to some writers who may not have the same connections or resources as others. It can also be difficult for new or unknown writers to get their foot in the door of traditional publishing houses.
At the end of the day what will happens with the gems💎? Written by unknown introvert authors, who simply never will have the chance to make their life work public for everyone.
02 Famous authors couldn't even produce 2-3 books per year
If you are a popular author the expectation is to write minimum one but more likely two to more books per year.
How on earth could you write truly creative stories in a length of 300 pages every half year? That definitely kills creativity. The pressure to produce new content on a regular basis can be stifling, and it's easy to fall into a rut of recycling old ideas.
As Jodi Picoult said
Everyone has a story; everyone hides his past as a means of self-preservation.
We need fresh voices! And occasionally readers are good to find some of them.
03 Habits changed, less people are reading
Is this a problem? Well in a sense no, technology constantly evolves as does entertainment.
I don't afraid of loosing readers but loosing great stories.
We can produce short movies, comics, audiobooks from books, but there should be always a writer, a unique story at the end. The way we ‘consume' story will always change no matter.
So in itself, that less people are purchasing books on Amazon isn't a big problem. But people will have much harder time to find those fresh stories, that gives everybody something.
Who Is MrBeast?
Born in 1998, Jimmy Donaldson ‘MrBeast' is a popular YouTuber who is known for his creative and often outrageous videos. He has a large following (103,000,000+ on Youtube) of young viewers who enjoy his content.
Born in North Carolina, MrBeast started his YouTube channel in 2012 when he was just a teenager (check his first video). He quickly gained popularity for his humorous videos and creative pranks. The real turning point was when he started creating giveaway videos, where he literally gave first (several) dollars to homeless or random people. This happened in 2017, MrBeast began to focus more on philanthropy. He has given away millions of dollars to random people in his later videos. His generosity has earned him even more fans and respect from the online community.
Despite his success, MrBeast continues to produce entertaining content that his fans love.
What MrBeast did in his videos (and beyond)?
- First he gave away $10,000 for homeless on the street
- Helped planting 20,000,000 trees
- Once bought everything in a store and gave away to a food bank
- Gave a private island to his friend (he doesn't have any sofar)
- Gave away a home for homeless
- Cleaned a up completely a whole beach from trash
- Cleaned up to 30,000,000 pounds of trash from the seas
- He constantly gives away $10,000-10,000,000 for random people in his videos
My profession is online marketing and development (10+ years experience), check my latest mobile app called Upcoming. But my real passion is reading books both fiction and non-fiction. I have several favorite authors like James Redfield or Daniel Keyes. If I read a book I always want to find the best part of it, every book has it's unique value.