How To Add “From the Publisher” (A+ Content) on Amazon KDP · A Complete Guide (2023)
Amazon enabled adding A+ Content (formerly Enhanced Product Description) for self-published books on Amazon KDP. Why is it important? You can highly improve your book's Amazon page visual part with images and infographic like content, which is much more eye catchy than any written material in your description.
Let Us Help Creating an A+ Design For Your Book
Why Are A+ Contents Important At All?
- It increases your book's sales potential, when the visitor is already on your book's Amazon page
- It adds further visual content to your book above the book cover
- It may include further information about your book or author
- It's simply cool 🙂
Big publishing houses utilize this for years on Amazon, which makes their published books look more professional. This section is what we call From the Publisher section.
How to create A+ Content for Your Book?
You can ask your book cover designer or an A+ content designer to help creating the necessary pictures.
Who can add such a section to my book?
Basically the publisher, which is in case of an Amazon KDP account: the author.
How to upload A+ sections to KDP?
1. Login to KDP
2. Go to “Promote and Advertise” section
3. Scroll down to A+ Content section and select the marketplace (e.g. amazon.com)
4. Click “Manage A+ Content” (this will redirect you to A+ Content Manager page)
5. Click “Start creating A+ content”
6. Enter a “content name” for your A+ content (typically your book's name)
7. Add Modules to you A+ content. See the typical elements we use below. The elements represent a certain sized box, where the background of the box should match with the design we created. Modules offer the option to add text on the creative, but leave these boxes simply empty. You should use only the background part of the modules for the A+ design. If you want to add text to the creative simple put on the creative itself, instead letting Amazon add it's own font style which will most likely mismatch with the creative itself. (Please note, there is an upload size limit which is 3MB)
8. Once you uploaded the images to these modules enter the ASIN (Kindle, Paperback or Hardcover) where you would like to apply the A+ section
9. Once you are ready, click on “Next: Review & submit”
That's it, your From the Publisher section will be live in 4-7 days (the reviewing process on Amazon side requires time).
What are the typical image sizes for these image boxes?
- Wide background creative (Min. 970×300 – Optimal 1940×600)
- Image header background creative (Min. 970×600 – Optimal 1940×1400)
- Box creative (Min. 300×300 – Optimal 600×600)
- Header brand creative (Min. 600×180 – Optimal 1200×360)
- Four image creative (Min. 220×220 – Optimal 440×440)
- Products comparison chart (Min. 150×300 – Optimal 300×600)
What are the typical image formats you should use for A+ Content?
- .PNG recommended (Although you need to be careful with the image size though, to fit in the limit, see above)
What are the typical elements you should use in KDP A+ Content Manager?
- “Standard Image Header With Text” for 970×600/1940×1400 images
- “Standard Image & Light Text Overlay” for 970×300/1940×600 images
- “Standard Three Images & Text” for 300×300/600×600 images
- “Standard Four Image & Text” for 220×220/440×440 images
- “Standard Comparison Chart” for 150×300/300×600 images
(300×300/600×600 design usually 3 similar boxes in a row)
What to watch out and don't put on images?
- No customer reviews are allowed only publication quotes (max. 4), quotes should be written by well-known publications (Kirkus review etc.) or public figures
- No price tag, “bonus”, “free” text on images
- You can share reviews only from well-known sources or public figures
- No time sensitive text like “buy now”, “add to cart”
- No links on the images that my encourage visitors to visit a website outside of Amazon
- Awards logos won by the book should be proven
- No satisfactory claims like “#1 rated” or “top-rated”
- You should have the rights for images and logos present on the creatives
- You cannot make false claims on images (that might change over time, or any health related statement, like the method cures certain diseases)
Find all the A+ content guidelines on the following Amazon KDP Help page.
Our favorite A+ Designs for 2023
The Last Thing He Told Me
The Gilded Ones
The Lost Apothecary
In The Beginning
A professional A+ design is key to a successful book in 2023. Keep your audience in mind when creating your content, and reflect the book's theme and typography to enhance your message. A well-designed A+ content will not only look great, but it will keep your visitors on your book's Amazon page.
So don't wait any longer, get started on your A+ content today! I hope the above summary about Amazon’s A+ Content was informative.
If you need help with A+ Content design, try our service
My profession is online marketing and development (10+ years experience), check my latest mobile app called Upcoming or my Chrome extensions for ChatGPT. But my real passion is reading books both fiction and non-fiction. I have several favorite authors like James Redfield or Daniel Keyes. If I read a book I always want to find the best part of it, every book has its unique value.