We collected all the working marketing tips for those who want to make an impact with their books. Our list consists of small steps (they are not time-consuming but effective), and bigger steps which are really effective in long term.
- Register on Amazon Advertising Platform and spend $5-20 to market your book (Sponsored Products with Manual Targeting keywords)
- List your book on several book catalogs (Goodreads — automatic for Kindle books, LibraryThing, Bookbub — only for Kindle books, Riffle, Listal, Booklikes)
- Research and list your book on the relevant Listopia lists (Goodreads) (We can help)
- Create an engaging social post design, because quality matters (We can help) or find some professional design on stock sites (Shutterstock)
- Create a short animation about your story (Find video creator on Fiverr)
- Share your book on social media on as many pages as you can (Instagram is the best platform, Facebook and Twitter is 2nd tier for books use the proper hashtags) (We can help)
- Request honest book reviews, from credible sources (like Melanie Parker)
- Redesign your book cover (I understand it sounds rude, but based on our experience 2 out of 5 books fail just because of the non-professional cover design) (Find good book cover designers on Fiverr, research ideas and quality background for your cover on Shutterstock)
- Create a brochure site for your book and link your Amazon links (both Kindle and paperback) to the new website
- WordPress site (register a domain at Godaddy or Namecheap, have a hosting partner like Hostpapa, buy a wordpress theme on Themeforest or Elegant Themes and register at AWeber to have an email marketing engine)
- Duda mobile-focused website (register a domain at Godaddy and start building a mobile site on Duda.co)
- Content and images, use as many visual contents as you can like background, textures. Quality is the most important in case of brochure sites (find quality images on Shutterstock)
- Publish a Press Release (It is better to do with professional partner, we have very good experiences with PRWeb)
- Create an author Instagram page (sounds easy, but you have to ask your friends to follow it and you have to keep posting) (Find Instagram managers on Fiverr)
- Write/answer questions on Quora in topic which is connected to your book (in credentials and your profile page put out your book’s title and the Amazon links)
You can find our marketing services under the “For Authors” menu.
Pick Your Favorite Genre
Do You Have a Question?